- In Victoria, you need to be 16 years or older to obtain a learner permit by sitting the VicRoads Car learner permit knowledge test. Once you’ve obtained your learner permit, you must carry the learner permit with you at all times to every driving lesson and when you are driving with a supervised driver.
- You must have your learner permit for a minimum of 12 months prior to your driving test, or a minimum of six months if you are 25 years or older.
- In preparation for your first driving lesson and driving test, you need to study the Road to Solo Driving handbook.
- You must log 120 hours of supervised driving practice, including a minimum of 20 hours of night-time driving experience prior to your P1 Driving Test.
- Before you can attempt your driving test, you must pass the Hazard Perception test.
- When you carry a learner permit, you must have a fully licenced supervised driver to accompany you every time you drive on the road.
- Any extra hours of supervised driving experience on the road with a fully licenced family member, friend or professional driving instructor is recommended to help you reach your goal of obtaining 120 hours driving practice.
- You must carry your Probationary Licence for a total of 4 years, P1 for the first 12 months followed by P2 for three years before you can obtain your full Driver Licence.
- You must always display the correct L or P plates that correspond to your learner permit/ driver licence when you drive.
- You must stay up to date on all the current road safety rules and regulations to ensure the safety of yourself and others on the road.
- You can sit practice knowledge tests and get more information online at https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licence
- You will need to wear appropriate clothing, footwear, prescription glasses/ sunglasses (if required) and bring your VicRoads Learner Permit, Learner logbook and a bottle of water.
- The duration of the lesson (incl. on and off road time) includes briefing and debriefing time.
- Lessons start at the pick-up point scheduled at the time of booking, unless otherwise agreed with the instructor
Cancellations of Lessons
- Unless prior arrangements have been made, if for some reason you need to cancel a scheduled lesson or change a double lesson to a single, you must provide A-Class Drive Academy with at least 24 Hours notice (1 Working Day), or the full price of the lesson will need to be paid.
- Payments for cancellations can be made in instalments or paid upfront. All cancellation fees must be paid by your driving test day. Cancellations can be made via SMS, contacting A-Class Drive Academy or your instructor. Voicemail messages can be left with A-Class Drive Academy or your instructor. If you do not receive confirmation of your cancellation you must try again!
Payment for Services
- If paying by cash, the correct money is preferred prior to your driving lesson, if you require a large amount of change please inform your instructor so that arrangements can be made during the driving lesson.
- Any customer needing to withdraw money from an ATM must inform the instructor prior to the commencement of the driving lesson. Arrangements can then be made to stop at the nearest ATM. Please note that the time required to withdraw money from the ATM will either be deducted from the customer’s lesson or charged accordingly.
- Payment by EFTPOS, personal cheque, money order or business cheque will only be accepted if prior arrangements have been made with A-Class Drive Academy.
- PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR CREDIT AS REFUSALS MAY OFFEND!
Changes to a Scheduled Lesson
- Any customer needing to change a lesson may do so with 24 hours notice without incurring any charges. Last minute changes may incur a cancellation fee. (See Cancellation of Lessons)
- If you require A-Class Drive Academy to pick you up from a different location then scheduled, you will need to inform A-Class Drive Academy ASAP. Changes can be made up to 24 hours prior to a scheduled lesson. Late notice may result in the cancellation of the driving lesson and cancellation fees may apply
- Any changes to an arranged dropped off location, may be requested prior to the commencement of the driving lesson. Arrangements may be made, but will be subject to the instructor’s next pickup location and may require A-Class Drive Academy to adjust your driving time so to ensure arriving at the next lesson on time.
- Should a driving lesson be cancelled by A-Class Drive Academy, rest assured that A-Class Drive Academy will do anything in its power to reschedule your driving lesson ASAP.
- We ask that all customers allow A-Class Drive Academy a 15 minute buffer to arrive to any scheduled lesson. A-Class Drive Academy aims to arrive on time to every lesson; however our business does experience time delays from its customers, VicRoads, Service Departments, Public Traffic etc. Contact by A-Class Drive Academy will be made should your instructor be more than 15 minutes late. In this situation should you be unable to attend the driving lesson, A-Class Drive Academy can reschedule your driving lesson.